Toshiba Limited Warranty
Toshiba Limited Warranty
a. TV Products Warranty
The Toshiba Limited Warranty is applicableto all “TV Products” sold since 01.01.2017. Toshiba warrants any Toshiba TV(“TV Products “) first sold to an end-user to be free from defects incomponents and workmanship under normal use for the duration of the warrantyperiod which is in general twenty-four (24) months (Warranty Period), provided thatany claims under this Limited Warranty must be applied for within the WarrantyPeriod. The warranty period commences on the original date of purchase. Youroriginal purchase invoice (sales receipt), showing the date of purchase, modelnumber and serial number of the TV Products, is your proof of the date ofpurchase. This warranty is only applicable in countries which are covered underthis Limited Warranty for your product, i.e. any country where Toshiba or itsAuthorised Service Providers offer warranty service subject to the terms andconditions provided in this warranty. You will find the list of coveredcountries at the end of this booklet. This warranty covers the costs of serviceparts and labour required to restore your TV Products to full working order.Toshiba will, at its option, repair or replace any defective TV Products orparts thereof covered by this warranty with new or factory refurbished parts orTV Products that are equal to new products in performance. A TV Products orpart that is repaired or replaced under this Limited Warranty shall be coveredfor the remainder of the original warranty period applying to the TV Productsor part. All exchanged parts and TV Products replaced under this warranty willbecome the property of Toshiba. Further claims against Toshiba are expresslyexcluded. This Limited Warranty is a commercial warranty and it does not affectyour statutory rights, which may provide for additional rights available toconsumers.
b. CustomerReplaceable Parts
Toshiba may service Customer ReplaceableParts such as TV stands or remote control to end-user by shipment. Upon receiptby the end-user of the replacement part, the original part becomes the propertyof Toshiba. If requested by Toshiba, the original part should be returned toToshiba at Toshiba’s expense. In the event that the original part is notreceived by Toshiba within fifteen (15) working days following end-user’sreceipt of the shipment instructions, end-user will be charged the retail valueof the replacement part.
Warranty Exclusions and Disclaimer
The Limited Warranty with respect to your TVProducts is subject to thefollowing exclusions and limitations:
This Limited Warranty does not extend to: 1.Any TV Products not manufactured by or for Toshiba, or sold to an end-user in acountry not covered under this warranty. 2. Any TV Products, that has beendamaged or rendered defective (a) as a result of use of the TV Products otherthan for its normal intended use, failure to use the TV Products in accordancewith the User’s Manual or other misuse, abuse, or negligence to the TV Products; (b) by the use of parts not manufactured or sold by Toshiba; (c) bymodification of the TV Products ; (d) as a result of service by anyone otherthan Toshiba or a Toshiba Authorised Service Provider; (e) by impropertransportation or packing when returning the TV Products to Toshiba or sales partnersor a Toshiba Authorised Service Provider; or (f) by improper installation ofthird party products (e. g. memory expansion cards). 3. Any TV Products orparts thereof from which labels or serial numbers have been modified or madeillegible. 4. Regular maintenance, inspection, fair wear and tear of consumableparts, e. g. remote control. 5. Cosmetic damages such as scratches and dents,scratched, faded or discolored frames, covers and plastics. 6. Commercial orprofessional use of the TV Products. 7. Environmental damages and/or defectsresulting from smoke, dust, carbon black or other external influences. 8.Defects due to force majeure as e.g. lighting, water, fire, incorrect voltage,insufficient ventilation. 9. Pixel failures that are within specification ofISO 9241-307 Class II 10. The guarantee will be rendered invalid if the productis resold If Toshiba’s operating and maintenance instructions are not compliedwith, replacement parts or materials are used which do not correspond to theoriginal specifications, or interventions are carried out through unqualifiedpersonnel or if the TV Products shows any indication of misuse, overuse,negligent handling you will have to furnish proof that the defect was notcaused by one of these circumstances. If the TV Products is not entitled tothis Limited Warranty due to one of the above mentioned reasons, Toshiba canstill offer a repair, if requested by the customer. Please note that in thiscase Toshiba may charge the end-user for parts, labour and expenses.Furthermore Toshiba reserves the right to charge the end-user for thepreparation of the cost estimate. Moreover, Toshiba may charge the costsincurred for the inspection of the TV Products in cases where a damage ordefect under this Limited Warranty has been negligently alleged which actuallydid not exist. Toshiba is not liable for any transport/delivery/insurancecosts, import duties, taxes, licensing fees and any charges from telephone/faxcommunication as consequence of the failure of the TV Products.
b. Disclaimerof Warranty
Except for the express warranty provided andto the extent permitted by applicable law, Toshiba, its Authorised Resellers orAuthorised Service Providers do not issue any warranty or guarantee for your TVProducts. Toshiba expressly excludes any other liability, whether express orimplied, to the fullest extent allowed by the law. In particular, but withoutlimit to the generality of the exclusion, any implied terms as tomerchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and/ornon-infringement of third party rights are excluded whether in contract ortort. Any implied warranties that may be imposed by law are limited in durationto the term of the express limited warranty given by Toshiba to the extentpermitted by applicable law. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law,in no event shall Toshiba or its supplier be liable for (1) damage to, or lossor corruption of records, data or removable storage media, or (2) any damageswhatsoever (including direct or indirect damages, loss of business profits,lost savings or other special, incidental, exemplary or consequential damageswhether for breach of warranty, contract, strict liability, tort or otherwise)arising out of or resulting from the use of or inability to use the productsand/or the enclosed written materials, even if Toshiba, its supplier, anauthorized Toshiba representative, service provider or dealer have been advisedof the possibility of such damages or of any claim by any third party. Anyliability of Toshiba or its supplier which is not excluded shall be limited tothe purchase price of the TV Products.
Obtaining Warranty Service
Your Toshiba Limited Warranty includes a Carry-in or Send-inwarranty service. In some countries, a Pick-up & Return warranty servicemight also be provided. To find out about the local coverage, please contactToshiba or your Authorised Service Provider.
The warranty service will be subject to the following termsand conditions:
1. Repairservice is available for TV Products purchased and located within a countrywhere Toshiba or its Authorised Service Providers offer warranty servicesubject to the terms and conditions provided in this Limited Warranty. Claimsunder this Limited Warranty will be honoured only if made within the warrantyperiod.
2. Pleasecheck the Toshiba support website for further help and contact details in yourcountry. www.toshiba-tv.com/support
3. Beforecontacting Toshiba directly, please:
• Check if your TV Products is connected tomains and switched on correctly;
• Reset the TV Products to its originalconfiguration by removing accessories and external connections; unplug anyremote storage devices or other peripherals;
• Consult the User’s Manual for importanttips on how to operate and troubleshoot your TV Products and check on latestinformation on the Toshiba support website;
• Note down TV Products name, model number,serial number, hardware and software configuration and a description of theproblem (e. g. error messages that appear on the screen);
4. Callthe Toshiba Support Centre in the country where you are located in. Toshibawill attempt to resolve warranty issues over the telephone and may require yourassistance in performing routine diagnostic procedures in connection with thiscall. Should the Toshiba Support Centre isolate hardware malfunctions on yourTV Products, you will be provided with an identification number and serviceinstructions by the most convenient means (e. g. fax, email, voice).
5. Ifyour TV Products is eligible for Pick-up & Return warranty service, Toshibawill arrange pick-up of the defective unit from your location, repair it andreturn it back to your location. Toshiba will incur all repair, logistics andinsurance costs in this process.
6. Underthe terms of Carry-in or Send-in warranty service, you will be required todeliver your Toshiba TV Products to a Toshiba Authorised Service Provider forwarranty repair and arrange for its collection on completion of repair. Youmust prepay any shipping charges, taxes, or duties associated withtransportation of the TV Products to and from the Toshiba Authorised ServiceProvider. In addition, you are responsible for insuring the TV Products bothfor delivery and collection as neither Toshiba nor the company offeringwarranty service on Toshiba’s behalf, have any liability for damage or loss intransit.
7. Secureproper packing of the unit if you send it in or in case of pick up throughToshiba. Damages caused by improper packing by the end user will not be coveredby Toshiba. Original carton boxes are most appropriate packing and shall beused by customer. Toshiba is not obliged to provide carton boxes.
Below you will find a list of countries which are coveredunder the Toshiba Limited Warranty for your products.
Countries in scope for Toshiba Limited Warranty:
Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina,Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, FranceMétropolitaine, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Ireland, Kosovo,Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands,Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden,Switzerland, Turkey,Ukraine, United Kingdom(12 months warranty)
Vestel is a trademark licensee of Toshiba VisualSolutions Corporation for the countries provided under the section GeographicCoverage and warrantor of above warranty terms and conditions.
Vestel Holland B.V. Sp. z o.o. Oddział w Polsce Salsy 2, 02-823 Warsaw/POLAND
Partner disclaimer: Google, Google Play, YouTube, Android TV and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC. Google Assistant is not available in certain languages and countries.